A big hello from us!
Authors of this blog have intertwined lives – met through fate, with love, friendship, and common ideas around humanity binding us together.
So why the name Vida Manejo? It’s inspired by one our favorite languages – Spanish. Neither of us know Spanish fluently, but it’s one of those languages that rolls smoothly off your tongue doesn’t it? We selected the name Vida Manejo – Life Management. Isn’t that what we all are doing? Figuring out ways to manage our lives? As sour as life may get sometimes, we humans figure out ways to manage our troubles. What we leave behind are lovely stories and learning lessons for others to emulate.
The blog is dedicated to:
1. Mindfulness – In our attempt to simplify our lives, we are discovering tools, methods and learnings from other efficient and effective people. We wish to highlight these tools for all our readers, so we can collectively help each other figure our lives out.
2. Life & Travel Stories – Meeting new people from across the globe and traveling brings an enriched perspective to mundane lives. No matter where we go, we meet amazing people with amazing life stories. We find versions of wonder that makes us wanna pull out the camera and click away. We hope to bring the lesser known perspective about places we travel and people we meet, so you can enjoy these stories as much as we did.
3. Cinema & Bollywood – Both of us are Bollywood junkies and that’s not about to change anytime soon. We love diving into every single movie and discuss every single character. Movies don’t leave our souls, we discuss the parallels in movies from across the globe perpetually. We hope you will enjoy our viewpoint and share your own.
4. Advocacy – Our career in international development has helped us better understand issues plaguing the world today – political unrest, corruption, and greed. As dire as circumstances may seem, there are stories of triumph, of success and empowerment. We wish to highlight stories of human struggle and successes to advocate for peace and equality.
5. Women’s Empowerment – We are dedicated to advancing issues related to women. With the tumultuous state of affairs around the world, it is crucial we pay added attention to the plight of women around the globe. Similarly, we want to highlight the stories of extra-ordinary women who teach us about audacity and tenacity!
We hope you will enjoy Vida Manejo and be a part of our expanding community. If you have suggestions for what kinds of stories you would like to read, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also are proud supporters of The Sewing Project, a society of women for women working towards providing livelihoods training, financial education and community support for young women in Uttar Pradesh. Do visit their website and provide your valuable feedback.
We look forward to hearing from you.